Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games, General Talk, Administration, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:30 pm

By far my favorite Sonic game. I recently collected all 180 emblems. Some I had top cheat to get, (such as the Chao Race and Karate) but most were pure skill, and I am indeed an expert at the game

So, opinions? Tips? Cheats? Discuss anything about this wonderful masterpiece of a game here
Back to top Go down
Airman_Ga_Taosenai
Admin
Admin
Airman_Ga_Taosenai

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:19 pm

I had collected all of them long ago without cheating one bit

Took forever.... and it wasn't even worth it besides bragging rights

Still...waste of my time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Still, was the game itself enjoyable? What critique might you have for the gameplay, graphics, music, storyline?
Back to top Go down
Airman_Ga_Taosenai
Admin
Admin
Airman_Ga_Taosenai

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:28 pm

The Gameplay was basically a Mirror of each other

Shadow Mimicking Sonic, Eggman to Tails, Knuckles to Rouge but other than that it was fun

The Plot: Eh I think Gerald had a couple of screws loose to kill everyone, not even Eggman wanted that

Graphics: Great for the Gamecube

Music: Live and Learn, enough said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 pm

I might as well give a detailed review for the game right here

Storyline: Best introduction for a character I've seen in a game. Shadow kicked so much ass, in more ways than one. The ARK concept was great, except for one thing. I don't think that blowing up the moon was necessary, and it wasn't even remembered in Sonic games since. Another thing I don't get: Why exactly was the Master Emerald in a random canyon instead of Angel Island? Overall Score: 7 (from a scale of 1 to 10)

Gameplay: I don't understand in the least bit why people hate the gameplay so much. I love it and pretty much everything about it. Speeding through stages as Sonic and Shadow is great. The Treasure Hunting stages have seen a big improvement since Sonic Adventure, with the exception of the Emerald Radar no longer being able to pick up the signals of all three Emeralds at once, but still, challenge is often offered, you can actually dig up more than a couple of Rings, and hints are more specific. That, and the Hunters can run about as fast as the Racers, and even the slow mech users are fun to play as. Hell, I even enjoy playing as Tails, who I hate like all Hell. Kart Racing is a neat concept, though it can sometimes be a pain in the ass. And then there are Chao. The most interesting thing I find about Chao are that the have their own likes, personalities, (which are prone to switch) and stat boost rates so no two Chao are exactly alike. The concept of Chao Racing has also seen improvements since Sonic Adventure. In SA, all I could compare Chao Racing to was a confusing mess. Plus there's a 2-player mode to it, which is also very interesting. You can unlock secret costumes for characters by A-Ranking all of their respective missions, and even the Kart Racing, Chao Race, and Chao Karate have 2P capabilities. (Chao Race even has 4P) Overall Score: 9

Graphics: I have to say that the graphics for Battle disappointed me. The only thing that really changes about it was that Sonic and Shadow's 3D models look smoother. But otherwise, quite satisfactory for 2001. Overall Score: 6

Soundtrack: One word: Kickass. The character themes, instrumental BGM, and vocal BGM all exude their own aura of awesomeness. Even Knuckles' music I like, despite my hatred for rap. However, my favorite track in the game would have to be Supporting Me, which is also my favorite Sonic vocal song of all time. Overall Score: 10

Voice Acting: The voice actors themselves were amazing. Kudos to you, Ryan Drummond, for making Sonic sound like the badass he is. (damn you, SEGA. Why'd you have to fire him?) All I can complain about is that the overlapping of voice clips was not a good idea, and some lines (mainly Tails') were annoyingly monotoned. Overall Score: 8

Replay Value: 2-Player mode and Chao, which I already mentioned in the Gameplay section. Also, collecting all the emblems is definitely something I would recommend. It'll definitely keep you busy for a long time. (Took me five years) Overall Score: 8

Final Score: 8/10
Back to top Go down
Airman_Ga_Taosenai
Admin
Admin
Airman_Ga_Taosenai

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:59 pm

I just gave a short review

I give it 7/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:01 pm

So what're your Chao like? :3
Back to top Go down
Airman_Ga_Taosenai
Admin
Admin
Airman_Ga_Taosenai

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Mine was a Dragon Hero Chao before I quit playing

Fully powered and won everything

took a few tries, the last races were the hardest
Back to top Go down
Kanata Izumi
Admin
Admin
Kanata Izumi

Male
Virgo Dog
Number of posts : 510
Location : No need to know if you don't understand my emotional pain.
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I remember this game lots. I had my best Chao with 3 S's, 2 A's, and 1 B rank. Since my Chao file got deleted, I had to start from scratch. Overall, I have everything in the game. All power ups, all A ranks, all Emblems, All advance Battle Costumes. After that, it was Chao paradise.
Back to top Go down
http://hedgehoghangout.ipbfree.com

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Raising Chao give the game almost infinite replay value. There's such a variety

Has anyone here ever gotten a Shadow Chao? (by Shadow Chao, I mean the one with red highlights rether than the one with green. Yes, it does exist)
Back to top Go down
Kanata Izumi
Admin
Admin
Kanata Izumi

Male
Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm

I have. It was so awesome! It actually looked like Shadow himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Yeah.

I believe you have to get its speed like, REALLY high to get one. I'm not sure :/
Back to top Go down
Kanata Izumi
Admin
Admin
Kanata Izumi

Male
Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I did it when it had level 70 something speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)   Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic Adventure 2 (and SA2B)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
... :: Video Game Centeral :: Video Game Centeral-
Jump to: